Someone like to change administrator password in Windows Vista for some reasons, in this article, we will introduce two situations to help you change Windows Vista administrator password no matter with or without privileges.
If you have not selected a password for the administrator account in Windows Vista and would like to change it, then carry out the following steps. By default, the administrator’s user account in Windows Vista is disabled, so you must enable it first (you must have administrator privileges!).
1. Click Start. Type cmd in the search box and right-click cmd.exe in the top pane. In the opened context menu, click on “Run as administrator”.
2. At the command prompt, type the command “net user administrator /active:yes” on (please note the spaces) and confirm the entry with the [Enter key].
3. Type “net user administrator *” and press [Enter key]. This will allow you to change the Windows Vista Administrator password.
4.Type the password you want to use for administrator account. Please note that the characters will not appear as you type. Press [Enter key] after typing the password.
5. Retype the password to confirm it.
6. To deactivate the administrator account again, enter “net user Administrator /active:no” and press [Enter key].
If you do not have administrator privileges for your Windows vista or you just forgot the administrator and can’t login your computer, you may need to reset your Windows Vista administrator password first. Here we high recommend Windows Password Key (Windows Password Genius) which is designed for resetting forgotten or lost password for Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Also Read: Windows Password Key User Guide
Step 1. Get another computer and install Windows Password Key on it.
Step 2. Insert USB or CD/DVD to create a reset disk.
Step 3. Boot from USB Drive or CD/DVD on Locked Windows Vista Computer.
Step 4. Reset Windows Vista administrator password instantly.
Now you can click on the “Reboot” button to reboot your computer and you can log into locked Windows Vista computer normally. Finally go to situation 1 to change administrator password in Windows Vista with ease.Free Download Buy Now($19.95)